4-H Records and Reporting
Record keeping and reporting are valuable life skills taught to members of the Kansas 4-H program. The purpose and objectives of 4-H records and reports:
- To learn how to set goals, how to make plans for action, and how to decide how well you did (evaluation).
- To learn the skills of record keeping and organization to use now and in the future. Examples: finances, taxes, health, immunizations, careers, scheduling, etc.
- To learn to communicate, prioritize, and summarize your project mastery and experiences.
- To practice responsibility by completing a task.
- To evaluate information that will market personal skills through future resumes and application forms.
- To allow 4-H members to tell how they have grown, what they have learned, where they came up short and to do it within outlined parameters.
- To provide an opportunity for competition at the County, Regional and State level.
We’re Here to Help!
Post Rock District Staff are happy to help you learn record keeping skills and navigate the project records judging experience in 4-H. Reach out to your local Post Rock District Office, and we’ll be glad to set up an appointment to help you learn and grow!
Tips for Using PDFs
We Can Help: If you are new to using PDF forms, reach out to our Post Rock District Team! We have team members with a variety of experience using Adobe, and we are happy to assist you with learning to navigate the program through a teaching appointment or by providing access to a computer in one of our offices. Please plan ahead so you don’t run into important deadlines.
Save As: When opening a PDF form (especially a form fillable PDF), you must download or open the form, then "save as" to your desktop before entering information. If you skip this step, you run the risk of losing your work.
Adobe Reader DC: Make sure you have a current version of Adobe Reader DC. If you do not, you may download a free version from https://get.adobe.com/reader/. When you click on the link, the following screen will appear. "Uncheck" the 3 boxes in the middle column and click on the link circled in green to begin your download. Follow the prompts to download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.