Finances and Fundraising
4-H Clubs, Councils and other 4-H affiliated groups are expected to follow the financial policies and best practices as set by Kansas 4-H and K-State Research and Extension. It is important to be in regular contact with your local Extension Office and 4-H Program Coordinator to ensure you are not missing any important requirements related to finances and fundraising.
Please pay close attention to the resources and expectations outlined on the Kansas 4-H > Club Finances webpage at www.kansas4-h.org/4-h-programs/clubs/club-finances/.
- Tax Issues for Local Extension Offices (includes 4-H)
- Fundraising: Private Support for the 4-H Program
- Fundraising: Sponsorships and Promotions
- Livestock Sales: Taxable Income & Charitable Contributions
- Principles of Managing Funds for Extension Affiliated Groups
- Financial Review Committee Responsibilities for 4-H Club/Group and Other Extension Affiliated Accounts (KSU 4-1)
- 4-H Club/Extension Group Financial Review Checklist (KSU 4-2)
- 4-H Club/Extension Affiliated Group Annual Financial Report (KSU 4-3)
- 4-H Club Treasurer Position Description
- 4-H Club Treasurer's Record Book
Annual Financial Review Due November 1
Post Rock District 4-H Clubs, 4-H Councils, and other 4-H Affiliated Groups are required to complete an annual financial review. Completed reviews are due to your local Extension Office no later than close of business on November 1. If you have any questions about the required review please reach out to your local Extension Office.