Health and Nutrition
Proper nutrition and adequate physical activity work hand and hand to reduce our risk for chronic diseases such as Heart Disease, Cancer, Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis, and COPD. Not only can eating better and becoming physically active reduce your risk of chronic disease but they have other effects too! You may be surprised that after eating right and moving more that your sleep may improve, weight maintenance will become easier, you will feel better about yourself, and daily activities will become more enjoyable with less muscle pain! Kansas State Research and Extension is a fantastic resource for anything related to health and nutrition!
Simple Health Tips:
- Get active! Adults need at least 150 minutes of moderate physical activity or 75 minutes of vigorous activity a week.
- Make physical activity fun! Get the whole family involved!
- Cut back on screen time
- Make half of your plate fruits and vegetables
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
- Closely monitor your salt intake
- Eat less processed foods
- Read nutrition labels